Gemma's Commitment To Safety
The safety of all employees is a bedrock principle for The Gemma Companies. Our requirement is an efficient and productive construction process that incorporates the highest performance standards for safe working methods, and a strong safety consciousness by all employees, supervisors, subcontractors and material suppliers.
Relentless focus on providing a safe work environment for our employees, subcontractors, suppliers and customers consistently produces industry leading safety results.
- In seven of the past ten years we experienced no lost time injuries. Employees and contractors on recent projects have surpassed 5 million safe work hours with zero lost time accidents.
- Our dedication to quality and detailed planning delivers project results our customers expect.
Gemma is committed to a zero accident culture that says:
- Accidents are not inevitable
- Lost time injuries are not acceptable
- Safety is a condition of employment and is everyone’s responsibility
- Supervision is held accountable
Gemma has an established Accident Prevention Policy (APP) to provide its management, employees, subcontractors, partners and customers with a firm understanding of our position regarding the prevention of accidents. The APP provides the guidelines for the safety program and assists management in meeting its responsibility to provide safe working conditions for all employees.
Our corporate safety program includes the following elements:
- Substance Abuse Policy (pre-employment, post-accident, random drug screening)
- New Employee Orientation
- Supervisory Training
- Regulatory Compliance
- Job Hazard Analysis
- Critical Equipment Inspections
- Injury Management
- Employee Compliance Training
- Supervisor Safety Measurement and Review
- Environmental Hazard Assessment and Control
- Audit Program and With Tracking, Measurement and Controls
- Sub-Contractor Pre-qualification Screening